Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Too Poetic(of Gravediggaz R.I.P.) - "Droppin Signal" Unreleased 1989 LP

I would hope that you already knew about and/or had the dope 12" that was dropped by Too Poetic(Poetic of Gravediggaz first group), called "God Made Me Funky". Great 1989 flavor.
Well, Jesse Serwer got in contact with Too Poetic's DJ Kaos and just unearthed the entire album that was submitted to Tommy Boy n 1989, but was never released.

Go to his blog for the full story with pictures, articles, and an interview with DJ Kaos.
Here's the link to his blog article. Make sure to check that out. The man only deals in top quality blogging.

Here's the tracklist:
”DROPPIN’ SIGNAL”
”OUT THE POCKET”
”THE SPEECH KEEPS FLOWIN’”
”I WILL REMEMBER YOU”
”POETRY IN THE MIDST OF KAOS”
”DO FOR SELF”
”GOD MADE ME FUNKY (REMIX)”
”THE MELT DOWN”
”SOUL SURVIVOR”
”I AIN’T THE ONE”
”MOTIVATION”
”AWAAY WE GO”
”RUFF SON OF A GUN”
”THE RHYME IS CRITICAL”



Again, peace to Jesse Serwer and don't forget to visit his blog to say thanks and check out the in depth and frankly awesome article and interview about this album.

--verge

10 comments:

  1. What a great way to kick off a Wedenesday morning. Thanks Jesse for the audio and the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice. Thanks a lot for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fuck! This is great news and I'm assuming an equally great listen, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    the best post ever on TROY?????

    thank you so much for the heads up.....
    he was one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  5. We may soon have his 12" single up at http://3-2-0.blogspot.com ill let you guys know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the best link 2010, thanks man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did some time at WUSC (90.5FM - Univ of South Carolina). Unexpectedly, I saw Frukwan and Too Poetic walking around campus passing out promos for 'The Pick, The Sickle...' and talking to some folks. I convinced them to come in the studio for an interview and a freestyle. I believe I still have the whole thing on tape if anyone wants it.

    ReplyDelete