Friday, January 22, 2010

R.I.P. Apache


Flavor Unit emcee Apache, born Anthony Teaks, passed away after a protracted illness. Shakim Compere, CEO and Co-Founder of Flavor Unit Records, remembered Apache, “Without Apache there would have been no Queen Latifah, no Naughty By Nature, no Chill Rob G., no anything” Compere told AllHipHop.com. “Apache was the string that tied all of Flavor Unit together. Without Apache none of this would be.”
R.I.P. Apache



BumpyKnuckles
R.I.P Apache!! Salute To A Real Passionate EMCEE U Will BE MISSED! THIS 1 Hit THEOG HARD! WHOA! YOU WILL BE MISSED.

QtipTheAbstract
R.I.P. To my brotha APACHE.. Together we made a dope lil hiphop joint... He was a real stand up dude...

ChipFu
Man I had the op to work with apache during the roll wit the flavor joint. REST IN PEACE TO MY FLAVOR UNIT BROTHER" APACHE" condolences2fam

MrEdLover
- My heart is heavy. Apache has passed away. He came 2 see me perform last month @ Carolines Comedy club...RIP!

djscratch
RIP Apache. He wrote for Latifah after Treach stopped writing for her. The only Black Man that called you a BITCH & you didn't get mad.

djdoowop
R.I.P.Apache - not only the pen behind alotta Latifah's raps but a good person

djdnice
RIP #APACHE - (Gangsta Bitch) Flavor Unit!

mobrocka (Monie Love)
RIP APACHE OG REAL SH!T TALKER first Emcee to have a hit record talking bout the REALIST hood chick around the way " KEEP YA SOULTRAIN HO !

djhotday
R.I.P. APACHE, THANKS FOR THE GOOD MUSIC YOU LEFT US DJ's TO PLAY

RAtheRuggedMan
"if I was deaf, dumb, blind, stupid, lame, Handicapped, crippled and pussy was my middle name- you couldn't beat me" - Apache (1991)

MicGeronimo
R.I.P to my boy Apache. He was a very good dude man. Very cool person.

SonOfMaestro
I had the pleasure of knowng Apache while workng on The Lost Tribe of Shabazz. He was the unsung heart & soul of the Unit.

SadatX
Dam , I knew Apache 2!! We losing a lot of brothers! Life is a true blessing

jrocc
Also. RIP Apache. Had the funniest promo shirt that said. "Kill The White People" then on the back "But Buy My Record First"

-- Thomas V

I will be posting a compilation I'm doing right now in remembrance of Apache.

5 comments:

  1. i loved that record....RIP
    never knew he was so integral to the Flavor Unit......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, this is the saddest news. I was bumping "Feel Like Flowing" just last week. That dude was amazing with the wordplay. One of the most underated lyricists of the 90's era. Rest In Peace brother.
    Big Teddy Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.I.P. Apache, thanks for the dope music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to know his nolonger with us but glad to know his with God. My condolences to the family and friends. Will miss you Apache :(

    ReplyDelete