Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Best Album Cuts Compilation Challenge (Disqualified)

If you're a member of the T.R.O.Y. forum then it's impossible for you not to have known about our little Best Album Cut Compilation Challenge. Below are mixes that were disqualified for one reason or another (see the rules). But it doesn't mean we can't enjoy these mixes.

If you haven't already vote for your favorite mix. --Philaflava

Best Album Cuts Compilation Challenge (B.A.C.C.)
Benge
Nikki D-Hang on Kid (From Daddy's Little Girl 1991)
Milk.-Get off My Log (From Never Dated 1994)
DJ Krush-Only the Strong Survive (feat. CL Smooth) (From Meiso 1996)
Al' Tariq-Think Not (From God Connections 1996)
The Nonce-J to the I (From World Ultimate 1995)
Anttex-Understand Me Vanessa (From Suburban Etiquette 1991)
Psychokinetics-The Sweater (From Heaterz in the Attic 1997)
MC Ren-Final Frontier (From Kizz My Black Azz 1992)
Black Sheep-Black with N.V. (From A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing 1994)
Jungle Brothers-40 Below Trooper (From J. Beez With the Remedy 1993)
Craig G-No Favors (From Now, That's More Like It 1991)
Too $hort-I Want to Be Free (From Shorty the Pimp 1992)
Basehead-Not Over You (From Play with Toys 1992)
Organized Konfusion-The Rough Side of Town (From Organized Konfusion 1991)
Brand Nubian-Concerto in X Minor (From One for All 1990)
http://sharebee.com/7d995a1f


Verge
01. Poor Righteous Teachers - Can I Start This?
02. JVC Force - Stop-n-Listen
03. Raheem - I'm The King
04. X clan - Verbal Milk
05. Powerule - Gots Ta Gets This (ft Large Professor)
06. Real Brothers - Ya Burnin' Yourself
07. Cool C - Takin' No Shorts (The Gambler)
08. Double XX - He Asked For It
09. The Troubleneck Brothers - Poets At War
10. Akinyele - Exercise
11. Diezzle Don - Standin
12. Cypher - The Sequel
13. The Colored Section - Rap Stars
14. Royal Flush - Shines
15. Sharpshooters - Analyze
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QCMYESOD


Boothe
1. Taxin' - Special Ed
2. Where's The Party At? - Cash Money and Marvelous
3. The Moment I Feared - Slick Rick
4. Face In The Basin - Dream Warriors
5. Interlude - Yall So Stupid
6. No Static At All - 3rd Bass
7. Fried Chicken - The Beatnuts
8. Check It Out - Pete Rock and CL Smooth
9. Stayed Away - Da Youngstas
10. 40 Acres and My Props - Showbiz and AG
11. Changes - Jungle Brothers
12. Boogie - Boogiemonsters
13. Loungin' Wit My Cru - CRU
14. Hudz - Rumpletilskinz
15. Return of The B-Boy - The Pharcyde
http://www.divshare.com/playlist/660600-e88


Kanadon
1. E-A-Ski - "Inch Mile" ("One Step Ahead of Y'all", 1992)
2. Kam - "Hang 'Um High" ("Neva Again", 1993)
3. US3 - "Just Another Brother" ("Hand on the Torch", 1993)
4. Ali Dee - "Styles upon Styles" ("Bring It On", 1993)
5. Top Quality - "Messages from Uptown" ("Magnum Opus", 1994)
6. Hard 2 Obtain - "Street Dwellers" ("Ism & Blues", 1994)
7. 3rd Bass - "Word to the Third" ("Derelicts of Dialect", 1994)
8. Funkdoobiest - "Lost in Thought" ("Brothas Doobie", 1995)
9. AZ - "Rather Unique" ("Doe or Die", 1995)
10. King Just - "Can I Get Some?" ("Mystics of the God", 1995)
11. Tha Chamba - "Tha Siclic" ("Makin' Illa Noize", 1995)
12. The Roots - "Respond/React" ("Illadelph Halflife", 1996)
13. Sadat X - "Open Bar" ("Wild Cowboys", 1996)
14. E.N.E.M.Y Mindz - "Roll My Sleeves" ("Every Negative Environment Manipulates Your Mind", 1997)
15. X-Ecutioners - "Cipher" ("X-Pressions", 1997)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmh5dkdw1nn


5 comments:

  1. Notes:

    I was disqualified for tracks 7 and 14.

    Track 4 was included on my first radio pause tape, so I'll always have fond memories of that track.

    Similarily, tracks 8 & 9 are on a tape I have buried in the basement. Whenever I hear one of the tracks, I immediately think of the other. Forever linked in memory.

    Track 12. So many great album cuts on this release. Wanted something uptempo and originally considered Bronx Bombers, but decided that I wanted to hear both MCs.

    Track 13 is a favorite of mine. Has a "Just Hanging Out" feel. If I was on my game, I probabably should have made this the second to last (or final) track.

    Track 15 inclusion was me being lazy. Still love the track anyway.

    I need to repost my divshare file.

    Props to T.R.O.Y. for this. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was booted for Royal Flush - Shines. I didn't realize that it was a b-side and when I was told about it, I decided it just fit perfect on the mix and I didn't want to change anything. All good, though, if I wasn't lazy, I would have checked before including it in the first place.
    Props to everyone that competed in this. IT was definitely fun.
    And props to everyone that made sure they didn't make any mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why doesn't 40 Acres And My Props qualify?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could we get a re-up on Boothe's please.
    Really enjoyin these selections,
    nice one to all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I re-upped the playlist. Here's a link

    http://www.divshare.com/playlist/670620-e79

    Also, you can grab the zipped files here

    http://www.divshare.com/direct/10320619-293.rar

    @Krisch

    "40 Acres..." did qualify. Hudz and Fried Chicken didn't.

    ReplyDelete