Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kev Brown Live Beat @Fat Beats LA 1.03.10



Kev Brown had an In-Store last Sunday at Fat Beats LA promoting his Random Joints album. He brought his MPC with him inside and decided to make a beat. Kev just picked this random record that he had never heard of. He quickly went through the record, I remember him saying something like "this sounds country", but of course he found something and then started to chop the samples. He finished the beat in about an 1 hour and 30 minutes. After that he let people rhyme to it to close it out. It was amazing! I tried my best to edit the footage I recorded to make it under 10 minutes. Hope you enjoy it!

-- Thomas V

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Thomas!!

    Really dope to see..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. That's gotta be tough having a crowd watching you awaiting a dope beat. Crazy pressure. I can't even make a beat if there's anybody besides me in the room.

    ReplyDelete