Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dollar Bin Gem Pieces 2

"From the Secaucus Mountains to the African Sea.."-keith murray Well, pictured above is the area surrounding Secaucus, NJ. Safe to say that he meant the Caucus or Caucasus Mountains.
I just think the intro is hilarious, check out the preview below. But anyway, Keith Murray continues to rip it along side Smif N Wessun and Busta Rhymes on the hook. "Pay Your Dues" is a great over looked promo you should have in your system.

The second one here, that I also scrounged out of a store for a buck, is a classic 1996 indie piece.
I can't tell you how ill "Slide We Fly" was to me when it first dropped. Kut Masta Kurt on productions and the always underrated Noggin' Nodders dropping an ill verse alongside everyone's favorite mental patient, Kool Keith."Wanna Be A Star" was produced by the now famous Stones Throw label founder, Peanut Butter Wolf.

So,as a digger since forever,I encourage you to dig through them dollar crates before you go spending retarded amounts of money on a song or two. Unless you just got it like that.

Keith Murray - Pay Your Dues(promo)
1. Pay Your Dues
2. Pay Your Dues(clean)
3. Pay Your Dues(instr.)


Kool Keith - Slide We Fly VLS
Kool Side:
1. Wanna Be A Star(vocal)
2. Wanna Be A Star(instr.)

Keith Side:
1. Slide We Fly(vocal)
2.Slide We Fly(instr.)


Previews:
Keith Murray - Pay Your Dues(clean)


Kool Keith - Slide We Fly


And here's a little extra something for your visual enjoyment -

Kool Keith - Blue Flowers(album version)


--Verge

12 comments:

  1. love that kool keith label "art"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.
    Do you have that unreleased Redman song called "How U Get Down?" that was supposed to be on Dare Iz A Darkside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there. I have yet to click on a Sharebee link - any Sharebee link - and actually make it to their website. How are dudes managing to upload to it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pay Ya Dues was not only released on that white label, but was featured on the 2nd Frankie Cutlass album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks - and please, post more Kool Keith if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon 1- Yea,I always loved those labels.lol
    Anon 2- I'll look into getting you that Redman cut. If I find it,I'll post it in this comment section.
    Anon 3- Still having Sharebee probs?Let me know,I'll get you a different link.
    Krisch- Thanks for the info.You're a knowledgeable head.
    Fredo- I'm sure we'll be posting plenty of Kool Keith stuff. For now,browse through our pages. Towards the beginning,you'll find Keith in the Fondle 'Em discography.After that,you should find a really ill and rare Keith demo in one of Blockhead's posts.And then,check out Thun's lyrical interpretation of '2 Brothers With Checks' complete with 10 minutes of Keith banter from the Stretch n Bobbito show.
    Thanks for the comments.Peace..Verge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Redman feat. Roz - How U Get Down

    http://rapidshare.com/files/186924647/redman_ft_roz-how_you_get_down_unreleased.mp3

    Courtesy of Ho1ogramz from Philaflava.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys I am unable to get a sharebee link to work so I can download these jewels (same as anon3)...somebody let me know how to use that site, i can never get it to give me a useable link. PROPS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay fellas. I changed the links to mediafire. Try downloading them now. If that doesn't work for you,let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this blogspot...new links worked great and I will forever be in your debt for that 'Pay 'ya dues' Instrumental...HOTNESS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you please post Redmans unrelased track again?

    Cant find it anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  12. @anonymous- Here's a re-up of that Redman joint:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LYQY72LU

    Thanks again to Ho1ogramz for that one.

    ReplyDelete