Sunday, January 4, 2009

Beats From No I.D. & Dug Infinite


No I.D. is mostly known  for producing almost all of Common's classic album 'Resurrection', most of  'One Day It'll All Make Sense', and about half of his debut 'Can I Borrow A Dollar?' Along with Dug Infinite, they dropped a very tight album of their own, 'Accept Your Own And Be Yourself (The Black Album)' in 1997. No I.D. has gone on to work with the likes of Jermaine Dupri, Jay Z, and Usher in recent years, but of course that's not the focus here.

The first record here was released in 2001. I copped for eight bucks at a record store that doesn't know much about Hip Hop, about a month ago. There are a couple of instrumental versions of cuts from their Black Album on here and a couple of others you should recognize,but most of the beats were new to me. If not for anything else,this is well worth copping just for the re-working of  the 'I Used To Love Her' beat alone. Not a bad record at all for this century.

The second record here is a bit of a rarity from around 1996, I believe. It was released on Opposition Records as part of an instrumental series along with The Beatnuts and Vic from the 'Groove Merchants'. If there were more volumes in this series that you know about,please drop a comment. Those were the only three I had and remember seeing back then.

No I.D. & Dug Infinite - The Sampler Vol.1
Record 1 -
Dug Side:
1. Dr.Wax
2. Copper Box
3. 3rd Rail

No I.D. Side:
1. I Used To Love Her (remix)
2. State To State
3. Specialize In Music
4. Fate Or Destiny

Record 2 -
Dug Side:
1. Exceptance
2. Still Phantom's
3. The Fifty Yard Line
4. Wacker Drive

No I.D. Side:
1. Super Nova
2. Thinking Cap
3. Charms Alarm


No I.d. - Invisible Beats
(pic jacked from strictlybeats.blogspot.com)
01. Bassline
02. On and On
03. Ill Chop
04. Yeah
05. 8 Years
06. Storm Chop
07. Kalimba Chop
08. Specialize In Music
09. Nobody
10. Satisfaction


Previews:
Kalimba Chop


On and On


I Used To Love Her(remix)


Charm's Alarm



--Verge

2 comments:

  1. That's whats up! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice! I've been looking for these. I.D. is criminally slept on as a producer.

    ReplyDelete