Friday, June 12, 2009

Dj Dasypha Presents - Fall 98


Ah.. the life of the low budget mixtape. Relegated to the dustbin of obscurity both by the passage of time and by their sheer ubiquity, (Hell, even Schoolly D was a mixtape dj before he started rapping) mixtape cassettes from the 90's are often forgotten relics. Some of them are forgotten for good reason, others for no reason at all. A few mixtape dj's are remembered solely for their mediocrity, having desecrated the sacred art of dj'ing with bad taste and lack of skill. (Dj Clue). I admit, these days I listen to compilations more than unindexed mixtapes. That used to not be the case. What I miss out on now though are the blends, the scratches, the musical interpretation and taste of a dj with dope skills. This cassette is something I picked up recently that reminds me not to forget mixtapes. Check this one out, I'm sure it will keep you entertained.

Download

Tracklist is --

Side A:
01 two way street - blend
02 delinquent habits feat big pun - western ways
03 big l - size em up
04 black rob - i dare you
05 brand nubian - dont let it get to you
06 rass kass and dr dre - ghetto fabulous
07 rugged - i can see it in your eyes
08 black moon - warzone
09 talib freestyle
10 dead prez - sellin dope
11 flip mode squad - flip mode

Side B:
01 canibus - hype-nitis
02 mobb deep - got my gat
03 doo wop - that thing blend
04 faith - love like this
05 big pun ft next - sex, money, drugs
06 fat joe - walk on by
07 xzibit - handle your business
08 fat joe - dat gangsta shit
09 lauryn hill - final hour
10 lord osiris - everyday
11 xzibit - los angeles times
12 inspectah deck, korrupt - tru master
13 all city crew - hot
14 flip mode squad - flip mode

I have tons of obscure mixtapes like this but I know the blogosphere is pretty saturated with such material so I'll post some of the best ones I have from time to time. I hope you all like Dj Dasypha!

--Schenectadyfan

1 comment:

  1. dope post

    btw do you have anymore Seattle material that you're going to post any time soon

    ReplyDelete