Wednesday, June 17, 2009

De La Soul - 3 Feet High & Rising Era Rarities (1988-1990)

There have been countless De La Soul non-album track compilations put together over the years, so we're not exactly breaking new ground, but if you're like me, then you enjoy having everything organized in one place. Over the course of the next week or two, I'm going to list four separate installments of De La Soul rarities:

3 Feet High & Rising Era (1988-1990)
De La Soul Is Dead Era (1991-1992)
Buhloone Mindstate Era (1993-1994)
Stakes Is High Era (1996-1998)

First up, we got a two volume set of 3 Feet High & Rising era non-album tracks. I attempted to create an alternate version of the officially released album on volume 1, with volume 2 containing all of the leftovers. There are quite a few ill-advised European remixes in circulation, but you won't find any of 'em here. Enjoy.

De La Soul - 3 Feet High & Rising Era Rarities Volume 1
1. Ain't Hip To Be Labeled A Hippie
2. The Magic Number (Too Mad Mix)
3. Freedom Of Speak
4. Strictly Dan Stuckie
5. Jenifa (12" Version)
6. Ghetto Thing (Ghetto Ximer)
7. Eye Know (The Know It All Mix)
8. Skip 2 My Loop
9. Tread Water (Stonebridge's Pumpin' Mix)
10. Potholes In My Lawn (12" Version)
11. Say No Go (Say No Dope Mix)
12. Brain Washed Follower
13. Plug Tunin' (Something's Wrong Here)
14. Buddy (Native Tongue Decision)
15. The Mack Daddy On The Left
16. Me Myself And I (Oblapos Mode)
17. Double Huey Skit
18. D.A.I.S.Y. Age (Edit Mix)
http://www.mediafire.com/?2tiimzjnqmt

De La Soul - 3 Feet High & Rising Era Rarities Volume 2
1. What's More
2. Me Myself And I & Say No Go (Unity Mix)
3. The Magic Number (1-2-3 Mix)
4. Freedom Of Speak (We Got More Than Three)
5. Jenifa (Alternate Mix)
6. Eye Know (The Kiss Mix)
7. Tread Water (Stonebridge's Local Mix)
8. Say No Go (New Keys Mix)
9. Me Myself And I (Remix)
10. Eye Know (Daisy Bass Mix)
11. Say No Go (House Of Love Mix)
12. Mama Gave Birth To The Soul Children w/ Queen Latifah
13. Doin' Our Own Dang w/ JBs & ATCQ
14. Doin' Our Own Dang w/ JBs & ATCQ (Fermie Remix)
15. Doin' Our Own Dang w/ JBs & ATCQ (JBs Remix)
http://www.mediafire.com/?kyii3mm3mw0

Preview:

Ain't Hip To Be Labeled A Hippie




Eye Know (Know It All Mix)




D.A.I.S.Y. Age (Edit Mix)




What's More




Me Myself And I & Say No Go (Unity Mix)




--Roy Johnson

11 comments:

  1. There's only one word to describe this - gunsmoke. I'm looking forward to the collections for the forthcoming De La LP's. To celebrate here's a photo of me wearing my De La shirt on my 14th birthday: http://tinyurl.com/murbyf

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^That picture is all kinds of incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. So amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's going off. I don;'t know what we're listening to but my aunt got me People's Instinctive Travels for my birthday that year so it might be that.

    I've got a Me, Myself and I remix that's not on here from a german 12" with a blue cover (it has Jacko's Don't Stop Til You Get Enough's intro as the main loop). I can hook you up with that if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're definitely interested, man. There's a shitload of European remixes listed on discogs, many of which are pretty lousy, but I ain't never heard the "Me Myself And I" remix w/ the Jacko loop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, before I forget, here is Queen Latifah's "Mama Gave Birth To The Soul Children" VLS, courtesy of the homie dirt dog. It contains three different mixes.

    http://sharebee.com/8180ffe1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's the Me Myself remix I mentioned above with the Big Mike sample:

    http://www.zshare.net/audio/61712304a7d6d419/

    It's not brilliant but you don't see it around as much as the others. Also, here's a breaks tape I did last month. Give it a listen, you might enjoy it.

    http://www.mediafire.com/?ndmdmkrd3zm

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the man! Thanks for the remix & the breaks tape. You should join us at the TROY forum:

    http://www.philaflava.com/forum/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  9. anyone able to re-up the me myself and i remix with the jacko sample? the zshare link above is dead. gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @hungry- Here's a re-up of that "me,myself and remix" that toiletries posted with the mj sample-

    http://www.zshare.net/audio/66367292a0fb91c8/

    ReplyDelete