Monday, June 22, 2009

De La Soul - Buhloone Mindstate Era Rarities (1993-1994)



The Buhloone Mindstate sessions yielded quite a few classic non-album tracks. My personal favorites would include the soundtrack cut "Fallin", the De La Soul remix for "Breakadawn", the Clear Lake Auditorium track "She Fe MCs", and the b-side "Lovely How I Let My Mind Float". To be honest, I was never a huge fan of the "Buhloone Mindstate" LP, but 1993-1994 might be my favorite De La era, all things considered.

De La Soul - Buhloone Mindstate Era Rarities Volume 1
1. Breakadawn (De La Soul Remix)
2. Breakadawn (Foncett Power Radio Mix)
3. Breakadawn (London Remix)
4. Ego Trippin' (LA Jay Mix)
5. Ego Trippin' (Egoristic Mix)
6. Ego Trippin' (Gumbo Funk Remix)
7. Stickabush
8. Hsubakcits
9. She Fe MCs w/ ATCQ
10. Stix & Stonz w/ Grandmaster Caz & Prince Whipper Whip
11. Lovely How I Let My Mind Float w/ Biz Markie
12. Lovely How I Let My Mind Float w/ Biz Markie (Slight Remix)
13. Fallin'
14. Fallin' (Remix)
http://www.mediafire.com/?didwzzi1mjn

Preview:

Breakadawn (De La Soul Remix)


Ego Trippin' (LA Jay Mix)


She Fe MCs w/ ATCQ


Lovely How I Let My Mind Float w/ Biz Markie


Fallin'


--Roy Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Here's a BMS era track that I missed, titled "My Mindstate". Props to krappyman over at the TROY forum for the info & zshare hookup.

    De La Soul - My Mindstate (Unreleased)
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/61768076da0a85be/

    This track can be found on Prince Paul's "Hip Hop Gold Dust" compilation.

    ReplyDelete