Monday, May 25, 2009

DJ Mister Cee “The Best Of Redman”

Once I got my hands on the Method Man mix, I discovered there was one for The Funk Doctor Spock. Sold. Again with this Mister Cee mix, nothing too fancy, nothing too special, one good freestyle, several remixes and one live track. But the real catch on this disc are the two unreleased tracks. Ten years later (or so), I believe this is the only place you can find them.

01 Redman-Freestyle (Live At Russel Simmons' Phat Jam)
02 EPMD-Hardcore feat. Redman
03 EPMD-Headbanger feat. K-Solo & Redman
04 Redman-Blow Your Mind
05 Redman-Time 4 Sum Akshun (Original & Remix)
06 Redman-Tonight's Tha Night (Original & Remix)
07 Redman-Redman Meets Reggie Noble
08 Redman-How To Roll A Blunt
09 Redman-I'm Getting Blunted (Unreleased)
10 Redman-A Day Of Soopaman Lover
11 Erick Sermon-Swing Over Here feat. Keith Murray & Redman
12 Hurricane G-Milky (Unreleased) feat. Erick Sermon & Redman
13 Keith Murray-How's That feat. Erick Sermon & Redman
14 Redman-Rockafella (Remix)
15 Redman-Can't Wait (Original & Remix)
16 Redman-We Run N.Y. feat. Hurricane G
17 Redman-I Get Down Like That
18 Redman-Where Am I
19 Biggie Smalls-The Points feat. Coolio, Big Mike, Doodlebug, Buckshot & Redman
20 Redman & Method Man-How High
21 Redman & Method Man-Freestyle (Live On Angie Martinez's Radio Show, Hot 97, NY)
22 Montell Jordan-Somethin' 4 Da Honeyz (Remix) feat. Redman
23 Boyz II Men-Vibin' (Remix) feat. Erick Sermon, Keith Murray, Redman & 2 To Da Head
24 Aaron Hall-Curiousity (Remix) feat. Redman

My original cover was in a sorry state, so I scanned it in, cleaned it up and threw in all new type exactly the same as the original. Coming soon will be “The Best Of The Notorious B.I.G.” and “The Best Of Mobb Deep” in the series.


enjoy,
--dirt_dog

4 comments:

  1. unreleased redman whut whut !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's some info on the unreleased "milky":

    "This heat rock, like Gloria, is straight milk. Produced some time in '91 by E Double with verses by Gloria, Mr. Sermon and Reggie Noble aka Funk Doc, "Milky" was a bonafide KCR exclusive. There was never a master or even an acetate or DAT...strictly cassette, so what you hear here is pretty much as good as it ever sounded. What is totally bugged out about this post is that just a few days ago after I started lookng for a show that had "Milky" on it, Hurrican G herself hit me up on myspace for the 1st time ever, looking for a copy of it. That's like whoa...but milky. This is some funky shit, and why it didn't launch Gloria's career back then, I don't know. Maybe it was some baby-mama drama with Erick Sermon, but I can't call it."
    Stretch Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. ill mixtape, no question! i was bumping the tape for months when it was released on tape kingz in 1996 (?), and i still love it. unfortunately a tape jam ended a close relationship a few years ago...

    if i remember right there was lots of additional tracks on the cassette version just like 'funkorama' and 'nuthin but a g' (always loved reggie's verse although he seems out of place on a cmw track). if somebody could up the cassette (or vinyl) version i'd appreciate it.

    nevertheless thanx a lot, dirt dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kool Max, I think you're right about extra tracks on the cassette version. Now that you mentioned it, I recall there being a few more track on my Method Man tape vs. the cd version. I do not have the Redman tape, but I agree, if anyone has it, please post it!!

    --dirt_dog

    ReplyDelete