Monday, May 4, 2009

Godfather Don - Billy Bathgate 12"

The good people over at DWG have released a limited amount(300) of this Godfather Don 12" of unreleased material from his 'Hazardous' Era. I can't offer enough thanks and praise to the heads that actually go out and unearth gems directly from the artists themselves. For me, the joint to really check for on here is 'Billy Bathgate', a classic story telling cut about the rise and fall of a drug dealer. The other two tracks, 'FromDaMental' and a remix for the track from 'Hazardous' called 'On And On', are also worth checking out.
The 'On And On' Remix has a slower more mellow type beat, which is fine by me.
While we're at it, check Onelegup's interview with Don here and Unkut's interview with Hydra label founder Jerry Famolari here. He mentions some other Don stuff that may still not have been released yet.

Previews:



If you haven't heard Godfather Don's Ill Funk Freaker release yet, check it here.
Also, I believe No Sleep still has some copies of the Godfather Don 90's Sessions left here.

I don't know if I need a new needle or what, but I kept getting this high range crackling sound every time I tried to rip the 'Billy Bathgate' cut. Please excuse that, I did as good as I could with it.

--Verge

13 comments:

  1. Thanks, Been bumpin the shit outta The On & On Remix since Robbie posted it over at Unkut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSSS!!!! thanks //foobar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh. Much thanks verge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always down to hear Godfather Don that I haven't checked before, big thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this one! Price was steep, sold out regardless. Godfather Don is one of the illest ever, truly exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ill. thanks, verge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. > Price was steep

    Wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy shit!!!

    this is very appreciated. can I still find a copy?

    props!

    ReplyDelete