Friday, May 8, 2009

Munk Wit Da Funk - I Been Here I'm Stayin (CD 1995 w/bonus tracks) Philly


Munk Wit Da Funk is a rapper from Philadelphia, PA. He is mainly known for his independent 12"s released on Illadelph Records. What heads might not know is that in 1995, he released a rare 6-Track EP on CD titled "I Been Here I'm Stayin". The first four tracks were from his previous 12"s, Cute Loot was taken from the Militant Mind State Bottom - Line / Cute Loot 12", and Life of Luxury was exclusive to the EP. Two tracks that weren't included on the CD are Glamour, Fortune, & Fame and Shadows. It is odd how they weren't included since they are both from 1995. I included those below as bonus tracks. Munk also recorded a video for his "classic" track I Blame My Neighborhood. This cd is so dope that I have no idea how Munk never really made a name for himself... Here's my cd rip(with front & back artwork), enjoy!

Tracklist
1 I Blame My Neighborhood
2 I Been Here I'm Stayin
3 Exersize
4 I Blame My Neighborhood (Hill Top Re-Mix)
5 Cute Loot
6 Life of Luxury

Download

Bonus Tracks (Not on CD)
Munk Wit Da Funk - Glamour, Fortune, and Fame

Munk Wit Da Funk - Shadows (Terrorist Re-Mix)




-- Thomas V

6 comments:

  1. I wish he did an album. Been Here I'm Stayin & Exercize are my 2 joints! Thanks for the other 2 joints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far from a dope lyricist but he had some really good tracks when you think about it. Been Here I'm Saying was all because of the sample used though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same sample used for Kice Of Course's - Miracles that dropped on that MURS CD/DVD a few years back. Dude had a good flow, good to see him getting some shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the "life of luxury" track is also available on vinyl. it just got renamed into "money" and released as pic-cover-twelve on illadelph label.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Thun....would we be able to get a re-up on this please? Would be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a vinyl 12" of Munk Wit Da Funk "I Been Here I'm Stayin / I Blame My Neighborhood" on vinyl in my Record Store in Boise Idaho! I can't find much info on it....must be rare

    ReplyDelete