Thursday, May 7, 2009

M.C. Rell & The Houserockers - Into The Future (1989)


In 1989, M.C. Rell & The Houserockers released "Into The Future". As Ego Trip stated in the list" 20 Songs You'd Swear Were Done By Somebody Else," M.C. Rell can easily be mistaken for Rakim. The album is produced by Van Gibbs(Salaam Remi's father) and features additional work from Chuck Chillout, Special K & Teddy Ted, Cutmaster DC, and Salaam Remi. M.C. Rell originates from Philadelphia but he spent a lot of his time in New York. Today, he happily lives in Tampa, Florida. For more current information, check this interview done by Herohill.com by clicking here

1
Into The Future (4:53)

Instruments [Dj Effects] - Dennis Izzard
Mixed By - Chuck Chillout
2
Soundwave Sermon (4:11)

Instruments [Rhythm Contribution] - Salaam Remi
Producer [Additional], Arranged By [Additional], Mixed By [Additional] - Special K (2) , Teddy Ted
3
Common Knowledge (4:52)

Drum Programming - Cut Master D.C.*
4
My Vision (4:50)

Written By - Dennis Wilson , Mike Izzard
Written By, Instruments [Dj Effects] - Dennis Izzard
5
Life Of An Entertainer (5:10)
6
Hole In My Pocket (4:48)

Drum Programming - Salaam Remi
7
Something About It (5:00)

Instruments [Rhythm Contribution] - Hank Love
8
Brainstorm (4:25)
9
I'm Slammin' (4:40)
10
The Rell Thing (3:38)

Drum Programming - Cut Master D.C.*


Download


-- Thomas V

5 comments:

  1. Can't believe you just posted one of my all time favorite sleeper albums from high school. I was gonna post this on my site but you beat me to it. I was just bumping 'Soundwave Sermon' in my car, too. Most people probably won't like this album but it's a good one for old heads like me. I didn't even know he was from Philly, either. I always thought he was from New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with vincent on this, except I think I was in 6th grade when it dropped.Very surprised to see this here.I only knew like one other person who had this back in the day.'Soundwave Sermon' is probably my favorite cut, but I also liked 'Life Of An Entertainer' and 'Into The Future' when they dropped.
    I also found the the vinyl in a dollar bin a couple of years ago.
    Good shit, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been diggin this for years, the "Soundwave Sermon" sample is one of my all time favorites, and I finally found it just a few months ago! Anyone curious(or was I just late to the game on this sample)?

    JD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon,
      6 years later, would like to now what the sample is. By far the best track on the album, wished it would have been a12" back then.
      Best. RenSki

      Delete
  4. Thank you guys for all the support and Blog.
    I am DJ Effects, the DJ for MC Rell and The House Rockers. Keep bumpin those tracks,

    Yea..

    ReplyDelete