Thursday, February 4, 2010

Scientifik “Non-Album Tracks”

Forum member Debonair_P recently blessed us with a dope compilation of Scientfik non-album tracks. As an added bonus, there is an exclusive remix done by Debonair_P himself.

Here's what D.J. Shame (of The Vinyl Reanimators) had to say when I asked him for some history on Scientifik:

When the Scientifik LP was done, his label decided that "Jungles" would be the 1st single. Just before the single dropped, Chemisty had changed to Definite. Chemistry had distribution through Mercury/Polygram but I don't think Definite had the same distribution deal. Mercury/Polygram picked up Diamond who was signed to Chemistry & I think that's all they signed over. I don't think the "Criminal" LP ever got an actual release. Although there were the copies that got around with just the sticker on the front which was what they sent me. It was too bad cause the LP was pretty dope in my opinion. There was of course the re-release that Traffic Entertainment put out a few years back. The "Most Blunted" release was also put out by Joe (of The Vinyl Reanimators) which was pretty much a bunch of demos that were done before Scientifik even got signed. The tracks that had samples that were already used (like the Nas "Memory Lane" joint) were not originally recorded like that. For whatever reason, Joe went back & changed some of the samples. I think the original samples were better... he shouldn't have changed them.

R.I.P. Scientifik

01 A Nigga You Can't Fuck With w Edo G, Herb & Smit
02 Freestyle (Sept 94)
03 All Around G
04 What's The Deal w Edo G & Big Shug
05 Lawtown '96 The Saga Continues (Original)
06 Lawtown '96 The Saga Continues (Wiz Remix)
07 Internal Affairs (Original)
08 Internal Affairs (Wiz Remix)
09 Official w Edo G & Big Shug
10 Hold The Key w God Wize, L Da Headtoucha & K-Slaughta

11 Jungles Of The East (Debonair P Remix)

DOWNLOAD

Thanks to Debonair_P for the music and D.J. Shame for the words.

enjoy,
--dirt_dog

8 comments:

  1. yeah, thnx for that great stuff. his 2 lps were the real shit back in the 90s.
    r.i.p. scientifik

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx 4 the dope post. This shit is supa tight. But i cant unzip the file. I DL'd it twice and same each time. I can listen to the songs but cant unzip the file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dochiphop- Whats good, man.
    That's strange. I just tried again myself and it unzipped fine.
    Did you try to unzip any other downloads?
    Maybe you had a trial version of the archiver you're using and it just ran out?
    Let me know after you try again and if you still have problems, I'll make another link for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just curious, how can you listen to the songs if you can unzip/unrar the file?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what up verge. It's not a trial version and i use Jzip. I have dl'd and unzipped alot of stuff today without probs after i tried that scientifik. It will actually unzip but then the folder is empty and i can't even delete it from my hd. But i can open the zip file just to listen to the songs. Weird man. i dunno. I'll re try tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dirt Dog, Good to know that those original versions of the "Most Blunted" tracks exist somewhere - hopefully they will emerge eventually, even snippets.

    Hey dochiphop, try this upload for the compilation:

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2AUMOU8K

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. R.I.P. Scientifik! Well slept on MC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yo debonaire p... thanx for the extra effort on this. The MU link worked for me. These joints are ridiculous. Mad props homie!!!!

    ReplyDelete