Monday, February 22, 2010

Gravediggaz “Rare & Remixed Volume 1” (Non-Album Tracks)

In case you didn't know, the Gravediggaz were a supergroup formed in 1994 by Prince Paul (The Undertaker), Frukwan (The Gatekeeper), Too Poetic (The Grym Reaper) [R.I.P.] and RZA (The Rzarector). This compilation will be a three-part series. Volumes 1 & 2 were originally assembled back in 1999 for a few friends and other traders (traitors?). They managed to find their way on to eBay and were trimmed down to create other bootlegs that were possibly pressed up or at least widely circulated. The years on those boots are absolutely bogus as some of the material wasn't even available at that time. Volume 3 is made up of unreleased tracks and remixes/mash-ups that I found between 2000 and 2010. It will also include a couple other treats, so stay tuned.


DOWNLOAD THE REVISED VOLUME 1
(
I went back and removed all questionable characters from the files names: ampersands (&) commas (,) question marks (?) apostrophes ('). Hopefully this will resolve ANY more problems.)

enjoy,
--dirt_dog

17 comments:

  1. I seem to be having some trouble with the file.
    When its time to extract, only 4 tracks are available (#6,14,16,17). Anybody else having this issue ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anon: hit me up with a PM on teh forum and we'll see how to get this file to you in a different way. anybody else having problems?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the link is fucked for me. This looks dope, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i said i was having troubles and my post was removed
    the rar has charachters that shouldnt be used in a rar it says for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah. the link is bad for me. looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it the link that doesn't work or are you having problems extracting the .rar file?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey man im having trouble too.im only geting to extract the first 9 tracks??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks 4 comenting and thanks 4 sharing !

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have (hopefully) fixed any character issues within the .rar file. Tracks 1-9 were fine, but 10, 11 & 12 had a comma, an apostrophe and a question mark in the names while 16 and 17 had commas. Sorry about this, as a Mac user I'm not used to these kinds of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent it worked for me .big thanks
    oh and thanks for the piece on mos def,i appreciate the advise hes playing here in scotland soon and i was going to see him.ill be giving it a miss!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are probably right about the year of the bootleg 36 Chambers of Death being incorrect. Now, that I look at it I can't see where I got the year 1996 from as it is nowhere on the cd, blooklet or case. I assume that I found that year somewhere else online.

    Anyways, props on the compilations and the rest of the blog!

    - DNG of HQ Hip-Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I also have to say that 36 Chambers of Death at least (I haven't heard Scenes from the Graveyard) have astounding sound quality for bootlegs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @DNG: Thanks for ripping and posting the "36 Chamber Of Death" album. It's always nice to add it to the collection. Any idea when or where you picked it up from? I've seen it on eBay but I always think it's just gong to be some cd-r with ink jet printouts.

    http://www.hqhiphop.net/

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol dirt_dog yea I actually got it off ebay, and it does have ink jet printouts! Haha thats why I was so surprised that sound quality was that good.

    - DNG of HQ Hip-Hop

    ReplyDelete