Friday, July 3, 2009

De La Soul - The Instrumentals (1988-1998)



Your De La Soul collection should consist of their first four instrumental LPs, numerous soundboard recordings from concerts in between the years of '88 and '98, a gang of shelved demos from the "De La Soul Is Dead" and "Buhloone Mindstate" sessions, etc. Instead, you're left fiending for these things, and chances are that you'll never see anything released.

Here are all of their known instrumentals from between the years of '88 and '98. If I missed anything, hit us up in the comments section.

De La Soul - The Instrumentals Volume 1
1. Me Myself And I
2. Me Myself And I (Oblapos Mode)
3. Potholes In My Lawn
4. Buddy (Native Tongue Decision)
5. Ghetto Thang (Ghetto Ximer)
6. Say No Go (New Keys)
7. Say No Go (Bonus Beats)
8. Keepin' The Faith
9. Keepin' The Faith (Straight Pass)
10. Millie Pulled A Pistol On Santa (Full Mix)
11. Ring Ring Ring (Sax Mix)
12. Saturdays (Mo Mo Dub)
http://www.mediafire.com/?hq3g1l3nnyy

De La Soul - The Instrumentals Volume 2
1. The Dawn Brings Smoke
2. Breakadawn (De La Remix)
3. Breakadawn
4. Ego Trippin'
5. Ego Trippin' (Egoristic Mix)
6. Lovely How I Let My Mind Float
7. En Focus
8. Fallin'
9. Stakes Is High
10. Stakes Is High (Remix)
11. The Bizness
12. The Bizness (Remix)
13. Itzsoweezee
14. Trouble In The Water
15. More Than You Know
http://www.mediafire.com/?wmgvgzg4yfn

Preview:

Me Myself And I


Me Myself And I (Oblapos Mode)


Potholes In My Lawn


Buddy (Native Tongue Decision)


Breakadawn (De La Remix)


Breakadawn


Ego Trippin'


Fallin'


Stakes Is High


Trouble In The Water


--Roy Johnson

15 comments:

  1. woohoo! Roy is making me eat my foot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Cenzi! I should probably do something like this for ATCQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. was there ever an instrumental put out for Three? i looked high and low but no luck..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there was an instrumental for jennifa. been searching for years but have never heard it, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the "Jenifa" single, there's a track on the b-side titled "Derwin", and it says on discogs that it's the instrumental version of "Jenifa", but it's not. I was kinda confused as well.

    http://www.discogs.com/De-La-Soul-Jenifa-Taught-Me-Potholes-In-My-Lawn/release/154040

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW !!!!
    ive been lookin for the original Stakes is High instrumental forever!

    i have to bookmark this page, this site is mad dope
    u on twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @DJ Critical Hype- Thanks for the props. Roy Johnson puts in some seriously dope work here.

    You can follow the T.R.O.Y. blog on Twitter here:
    http://twitter.com/troyblog

    You can follow me here:
    http://twitter.com/Verge001

    I'm not positive if the owner, Philaflava, wants his Twitter page out there, so he can add that if he likes.
    Not to sound like a commercial or anything, but if you're digging what we do here, you will definitely want to join the forums here-
    http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post but Plug Tunin is the instro I'm after.
    Guess I will have to buy the vinyl when I have the cash, unless anyone can up it for me.

    I have short loop of the track on a Beastie Breaks 12" but its only a 45 loop and not much variation in the track, thats why I need the proper instro.

    http://www.discogs.com/Unknown-Artist-The-Lost-Hip-Hop-Instrumentals-Vol-1/release/1197756

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to get my hands on that "Plug Tunin" instrumental.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fonz (fonz_one@yahoo.com)November 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM

    THE MAGIC NUMBER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so much respect is deserved for this posting. good looking out mah dudes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any chance for a Reup pls?

    ps great blog guys

    Lo Vas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's a re-up of Volume 1 of the Instrumentals.
    I can't find Volume 2 in my hd, but I'll see what
    I can do for you. Stay tuned.
    Roy Johnson, you out there?
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KAIBMP6R

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of the original mediafire links are fine - I log into my account on a daily basis, so links do not expire with the passage of time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gold. Pure gold. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete