Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Danger Mouse - DM Mix (98-01)


Before Gnarls Barkley, Danger Doom, The Grey Album, & bringing back Jemini The Gifted One, Danger Mouse was putting out his own hip-hop mixtapes which always included a handful of his early mash-ups or should I say blends. He released four promo mixtapes from 1998 to 2000. I hooked up all his remixes together into one folder full of Danger Mouse Remixes*. They were all well done. A blend that I really enjoy is Inspectah Deck's "Rec Room" vocals over Demastas "Feel No Guilt" instrumental. While a lot of the instrumentals used for the remixes were known to my ears, my three favorites which I included below didn't ring a bell. I think they were probably his own beats. All of you should enjoy these remixes, peep the samples below to give you a nice idea of the concept. Enjoy,


Samples:

-- Thomas V

*One of the remix I included is from 2001 (wasn't on his promo mixtapes)

4 comments:

  1. both the top billin' remix and the ain't hard to tell remix jack "roads" by portishead.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1jyL3cr60

    ReplyDelete
  2. the most overrated producer! nuff said...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: Actually, that keyboard piece on the top billin remix is by Air.

    ReplyDelete