Thursday, April 23, 2009

DJ Premier “Planet Of The Beats Volume 1”


I got this LP years ago from hiphopsite.com. I can't quite remember the year, nor can I find any real information about it, so let's just say it was 2002. I placed my order, waited several weeks only to find out they had sold out and wouldn't be getting any more. They issued me a store credit and I moved on with my life. About 2 months later a mysterious package arrived on my door step, and now I share with you:

"DJ Premier presents Empire Management production. An original one of a kind release "Planet Of The Beats Volume 1". A reflection of classic hip hop instrumentals combined with movie dialogues from great movies. Featuring music from DJ Premier, Mobb Deep, A Tribe Called Quest, The Beatnuts, DJ Spinna, Show & AG & others. Recorded at D&D Studios N.Y.C., U.S.A."

A1 Count Down
A2 Lift Off
A3 On A Mission
B1 Up, Up Into The Sky
B2 High & Higher
B3 Into Space
B4 Stars In My Eyes
B5 Space Is Awesome
C1 All Alone In Space
C2 A New Dimension
C3 A New Time Zone
C4 Our Solar System
D1 Is This For The Love Or The Money
D2 Lets Get Busy
D3 The Journey Home
D4 Hold Tight
D5 Crash Landing


enjoy,
-- dirt_dog

6 comments:

  1. This looks a little different and hopefully sounds that way, too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but this is not done by premo, it's just a bootleg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would appreciate very much is somebody could tell me what the instrumental used on the last track is ? The rest is pretty obvious but this one is not, at least to me.

    Thanks a lot for any potential help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^@anonymous- It's a beat off of Beatnuts' Stone Crazy album. I forget what the name was. I think it was 'Super Supreme' or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks verge, it is indeed "Supa Supreme". Great track!

    ReplyDelete
  6. - On A Mission (GZA feat. Inspectah Deck & Masta Killa - Duel Of The Iron Mic)
    - Up, Up Into The Sky (GZA - Swordsmen)
    - High & Higher (Jeru The Damaja - Da Bichez)
    - Into Space (O.C. - My World)
    - Stars In My Eyes (A Tribe Called Quest feat. Large Professor - Keep It Rollin')
    - A New Dimension (Mobb Deep - Survival Of The Fittest)
    - A New Time Zone (Mobb Deep - Apostle's Warning)
    - Our Solar System (Mobb Deep - Get Dealt With)
    - Lets Get Busy (A Tribe Called Quest - Lyrics To Go)
    - Crash Landing (The Beatnuts - Supa Supreme)...

    ...and someone knows the others? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete