Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kaotic Style - Streets Of Brownsville (REFRESHED LINK)



Kaotic Style is a rapper from Brownsville, Brooklyn whose name pops up every now and again on the rap blogosphere. He released some great vinyl-only material in the '90s and he is the only fat rapper who gets the seal of approval from Sean Price. Fortunately, the T.R.O.Y. Forum regulars are always on the job, and regular Philosophic recently uploaded this compilation, which originally surfaced at Isako's Hardcorerap Blog, and appears to include every song ever credited to Kaotic Style (Google it if you don't believe me). The cameo appearances read like a Who's Who of grimy Brooklyn hard rock emcees plus Memphis Bleek, which means this upload should go internet platinum in Holland, New Zealand, Japan, and Brazil while being virtually ignored in New York City. It's a shame too, because these tracks are pretty fucking dope. Also there's a video for "Get In Where You Fit In."

Kaotic Styles - Streets Of Brownsville 1993-1997 [Click To Download]

6 MCs
Bro To Bro (feat. Smoothe Da Hustler & Trigger Da Gambler)
Brownsville (feat. Stylemastaz)
Da Ones (feat. Memphis Bleek)
Down 4 Whatever
Freestyle
Get In Where You Fit In
Let A Nigga Flow
Mad Hardcore (feat. Heltah Skeltah)
Player (feat. Big Jazz)
Put Your Ear In Da Flava
Represent
Stick Up
Tales From The Sex Side
Top Billin 97
Whutcha Want (feat. Smoothe Da Hustler & Trigger Da Gambler)

--Thun

4 comments:

  1. oooooo...I NEED this, what happened to the link? Great Post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link is from my blog cause i made this compilation : http://isako-hardcorerap.blogspot.com

    Thanks for not saying my name and my blog...Why ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isako, thanks for making the compilation. It's dope and very comprehensive.

    The reason you weren't credited is because I did not know you were the compiler. A poster named "Philosophic" upped the link. I did a google search to find out if the compilation had appeared anywhere else but I didn't find anything for whatever reason. That's on me. I'll change the credit in the post to reflect that your blog had it first.

    Now I got you added to my google reader and you're on my radar. Thanks for following us and clarifying everything! -- Thun

    ReplyDelete