Monday, December 29, 2008

DJ Mark The 45 King - Put The Funk Out There LP



DJ Mark The 45 King is one of the more celebrated producers at the T.R.O.Y. Forum and throughout the blogosphere; his production credits, break beat compilations, and mixtapes are the stuff of legend. Forum regular and occasional contributor to out blog Jaz (of CDRS fame) was kind enough to bless us with this treat. Apparently this is an LP entirely produced by 45 King, which Jaz says is a "promo that was manufactured by Def Jam Records, Inc., and marketed by Roc-A-Fella Records L.L.C./ Def Jam Records." Ho1ogramz noted that the existence of this LP was mentioned during Unkut's interview with 45 King:

Robbie: I got this bootleg a while ago - the Put The Funk Out There album. What was the story behind that?

The 45 King: I have my ideas who put that out, but I had nothing to do with that. It’s funny that people like to bootleg me but they don’t wanna put the record out. So I dunno how that goes.

Robbie: Was that actually how you planned the album or was that just a collection of tracks that someone just put together?

The 45 King: Considering what the tracks were, that’s why I have a feeling who did it. It was an album that was supposed to come out that never came out.

You gotta love living in the future. - Thun

3 comments:

  1. dopeness....can't wait to bump this...try my best to snatch up anything Mark has dropped in the past....still hoping h puts out that eve elusive new project, but eh, this should hold me over....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible to re-up just the Jay-Z song, 'Check It Out', I've been looking for that for a while? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this album, bought it at splash festival germany 99 or 2k but solt my whole records when i was sick, thanks alot...thats so great!

    ReplyDelete