Saturday, September 19, 2009

R.I.P. Roc Raida

No word on what happened but it was confirmed by Busta Rhymes, who Raida used to DJ for.

Busta announced the unexpected news via his Twitter account Saturday afternoon.
"I am sorry 2 say that on this day at 2:05 Sept 19th we lost another incredible life...Dj Roc Raida died 2day my personal Dj is gone... I just wanna thank everyone 4 ur love and support and ur prayers...We will never let ur name die Roc...We love u and will 4ever miss u...RIP." (Busta Rhymes' Twitter)

Raida was reportedly checked into a hospital earlier this month after becoming the victim of a car accident.

Rest in peace to one of the best to ever do it. --Philaflava

3 comments:

  1. Real sad to hear this, he was truly great. Times up just caught a different light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very tragic loss, he was one of the greatest to ever touch the turntables, R.I.P. Grandmaster Roc Raida

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh man. This is my favourite DJ, the legendary Grandmaster Roc Raida, this is ridiculous, he was far too young to go man. A truly talented turntablist

    Rest in Peace

    ReplyDelete