Thursday, October 15, 2009

dirt_dog Remix Pack 3

Here we go again with round 3 of the dirt_dog Remix Pack. For this set of 5 songs I decided to go with the Pete Rock and DJ Premier remixes that I used to bump from my cd single collection. Whenever a discussion about great remixes comes up, everyone praises the Pete Rock "Shut Em Down" remix. Personally I love it too, but I've always felt that his version of "Nighttrain" was completely overlooked. If you missed Remix Pack 1 or 2, go HERE or HERE.

Remix Pack 3
01 Public Enemy-Nighttrain (Pete Rock Strong Island Mt. Vernon Meltdown)
02 Shyheim-On & On (Premier Remix)
03 Das EFX-Real Hip Hop (Pete Rock Remix)
04 Blahzay Blahzay-Danger (DJ Premier Remix Street Mix)
05 EPMD-Rampage (Hardcore To The Head Mix) feat. L.L. Cool J


enjoy,
--dirt_dog

8 comments:

  1. i KNOW that its not a popular opinion at all, but Pete Rock does not make better songs with his remixes. He took the bump out of the "Real Hip Hop", He took the passion out of "By the Time I Get to Arizona", and now this other remix for Nighttrain is boooorring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%, that your opinion sucks. Really? How can you say that Pete Rock does not make better songs with his remixes? That is just a ridiculous and stupid statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By TROY standards, this RMX entry sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its actually called critical thinking.. and not just accepting shit for status quo mister anonymous.

    Just answer this one: which one is better Primo's "Real Hip Hop" or Pete Rock's remix. Go ahead. If you pick Pete Rock, then you are on some faggoty unicorn in the cheeks bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These remixes = ooooold news! To most people who frequent TROY. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I openly admit that there is nothing rare in this pack, I thought it would be nice to put them all out in CD quality. Plus I've never heard/seen anyone mention the Nighttrain remix in all the Pete Rock discussions and remix compilations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this one!!! You all do a great job with the blog...FOR REAL!!! Peace and GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete